If ‘child heart problem symptoms’ is your most Googled search term, this guide is for you
A breathless baby. A toddler who routinely clutches his chest. An older child whose heart races faster than he can fathom. All, the indelible hallmarks of child heart problem symptoms.
As a parent, dealing with a child with palpitations can be stressful and disorienting. But with the right information, you can spot symptoms early and get your child the help they need.
Pediatric arrhythmia: Things to know
- A child with a history of heart disease may be more susceptible to arrhythmias
- Arrhythmias can also occur in children without any prior known diseases
- Increased heartbeats that give rise to palpitations can also be influenced by non-heart-related factors, such as anemia, fever and low blood sugar
- If your child complains of palpitations, a racing heart or sporadic heartbeats, or appears under the weather, consult your pediatric cardiologist and seek immediate medical assistance
Pediatric arrhythmia: How to be an active parent
If you are planning to seek a medical opinion for your child, or already have a specialist assessment underway, it’s important to maintain a log of episodes to make it easier for your pediatric cardiologist to ascertain the best line of treatment for your child.
Here are some notes you should record:
- The date of the first observed arrhythmia episode
- The frequency and duration of such episodes
- Any classic triggers, like illness or exercise, that typically prompt such episodes
- The starting and ending pattern of such episodes; do they ease in and ease out slowly, or do they appear and disappear suddenly?
- Any special measures that seem to ease or arrest symptoms
- Any other symptoms that seem to coincide with the arrhythmia, like dizziness, breathlessness or lightheadedness
Taking heart in Rainbow Children’s Heart Institute
Child heart problem symptoms can be challenging to navigate, especially when you’ve never had to experience them before. But seek solace in knowing that you’re not alone. At Rainbow Children’s Heart Institute, our premier heart specialist hospital in Hyderabad, our award-winning pediatric cardiologists can help put your child at the heart of good health. Learn more about our pediatric heart treatments by visiting our website or scheduling a consultation with a specialist at our center.
Looking for a heart specialist hospital in Hyderabad? Click here to book an appointment with a pediatric cardiologist at Rainbow Children’s Heart Institute.